I saw a classmate from grade school on Friday night. During the course of our conversation, she told me she reads my blog. She mentioned too that she could tell by some of the posts from time to time that “something was going on.”
That is good insight from an old friend and person I greatly admire and respect.
True enough, I do periodically (frequently?) write in a bit of a vailed manner. It’s an approach that allows to process and share thoughts on a given topic that might be otherwise too close or personal for me to write about directly, with a lot of intimate, maybe revealing detail.
In this post I’m happy to write in a very direct way.
It was FANTASTIC to see my old friend. Every time we get together (which doesn’t happen very often given the distance), we cut to the chase quickly to life events.
Super grateful for the time with her. Super grateful for our friendship. Even if a long LONG passes, we pick right back up and get current.
And then the next day, our family met up with another family who we hadn’t seen in a long while. My wife grew up with the woman; their family has two girls and a boy, just like us.
Though we hadn’t been together in a while, we settled into easy conversation pretty well immediately. And our kids played together like they were old friends too. It was another AWESOME day.
So I’ll say the obvious:
it’s friends and family that make the difference in life happiness. If you have that foundation, whatever the configuration, consider yourself blessed, consider it GOOD.
To top it off, the mundane and magical too on Sunday:
- National Women’s Soccer League game on as laundry get’s completed –
- Science experiments with a microscope to explore the world –
- More chores around the house, we all gotta do ’em –
- The highs and certainly lows to of kids’ behavior after sleeping in (sleep much needed) –
- A sense of keeping up, catching up, which in turn lifts me up, a bit more –
- Some work for Grammy –
- Errands to load up for the week ahead –
- A breeze blowing through the front screen door, cooling down the house –
- Dare I say, looking forward to the week ahead…? 🙂